Students of the Year San Diego

Christian Yoon | Team Vision 2020

Welcome to Christian Yoon's SOY Fundraising Page!

Jan 06, 2020

Thank you so much for taking your time to come to my page, my hope is that together, we can do our part in the battle against cancer and the hardships that come along with it. We all know someone fighting cancer, mourning for someone with cancer, or struggling with a loved one with cancer, but we also are all able to help in some way.

As a candidate running for “Student of the Year” in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS www.lls.org), my team and I, Vision 2020, have committed to raising as much as we can during the 7-week fundraising competition. This money will go straight to LLS in support of their mission,  “Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families,” and every dollar brings us closer to fulfilling this mission. Since the early 1960s, five-year survival rates for many blood cancer patients have doubled, tripled or even quadrupled. And many LLS supported therapies not only help blood cancer patients but are helping patients with other cancers and serious diseases. In fact, drugs first approved for blood cancers are now approved to treat patients with stomach cancers, skin cancers, and autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis. YOUR contribution truly makes a difference.

With my own grandfather living with cancer, so much sadness blankets my family on a daily basis. But through this program, there really is a new hope. Every dollar donated, every person this is shared with, and every second of support is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you have any questions at cky2003florida@gmail.com. I am so excited for what the future of this campaign holds.

With overflowing gratitude,

Christian Yoon

2 Comments

• Gisela Yoon

Christian, This is from the Yoon Family. I hope this helps with reaching your goal. We will send over more soon! With love, Gisela

• Linda H.

Five years ago I was diagnosed w/cancer resulting in a bi lateral double mastectomy. Unfortunately the doctor removed 28 lymph nodes in my left arm resulting in lymphedema in my arm and hand causing painful swelling. Just because there is no family history doesn't mean you won't be diagnosed with it. It was/is a definite wake up call for my sister and daughter to become diligent in being tested more often. I am happy to send in a donation and hope research studies will continue to look for a cure for these awful diseases. Thank you and your team for taking on such a worthy and wonderful cause.

Contact us by email or call 888.LLS.7177.