1/19(월요일) 발보아팍, 마틴 루터킹데이 오프닝공연-1-

풍물학교 0 1915
<나에게는 꿈이 있습니다!!!> -마틴 루터킹-

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."
나에게는 꿈이 있습니다, 언젠가는, 이 나라가 일어나 "[모든 사람은 평등하게 태어났다]라는 진실을 우리는 자명으로 유지한다"라는 이 나라 강령의 참뜻대로 살아가는 날이 있을 것이라는 꿈이 있습니다.

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.
나에게는 꿈이 있습니다, 언젠가는, 조지아주의 붉은 언덕 위에서 노예들의 후손들과 노예소유주들의 후손들이 형제애의 식탁에서 함께 자리할 수 있을 것이라는 꿈이 있습니다.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
나에게는 꿈이 있습니다, 언젠가는, 불의의 열기로 무더운, 억압의 열기로 무더운, 저 미시시피마저도 자유와 정의의 오아시스로 변모할 것이라는 꿈이 있습니다.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
나에게는 꿈이 있습니다, 언젠가는, 나의 네명의 어린 아이들이 그들의 피부 색깔로서 판단되지 않고 그들의 개별성으로 판단되는 그런 나라에서 살게 될 것이라는 꿈이 있습니다.

I have a dream today. 오늘 나에게는 꿈이 있습니다.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification", one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers. I have a dream today.
나에게는 꿈이 있습니다, 언젠가는, 사악한 인종차별주의자들이 있는 알라바마주, 연방정부의 법과 조치를 따르지 않겠다는 발언을 내뱉는 주지사가 있는 알라바마주, 언젠가는 바로 그 알라바마주에서, 어린 흑인 소년들과 어린 흑인 소녀들이, 어린 백인 소년들과 어린 백인 소녀들과 형제자매로서 손을 맞잡을 수 있을 것이라는 꿈이 있습니다.오늘 나에게는 꿈이 있습니다.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.
나에게는 꿈이 있습니다, 언젠가는, 모든 골짜기들은 메워지고, 모든 언덕과 산들은 낮아지고, 거친 곳은 평평해지고, 굽은 곳은 펴지고, 하느님의 영광이 나타나고, 모든 사람들이 다같이 그 영광을 보게 될 것이라는 꿈이 있습니다.

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with.
이것이 우리의 희망이며, 이것이 내가 남부로 돌아갈 때 함께 하게 될 신념입니다.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope.
이 신념으로서, 우리는 절망의 산을 깎아 희망의 돌을 만들어 낼 수 있을 것입니다.

With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood.
이 신념으로써, 우리는 우리나라의 소란한 불협화음을 아름다운 형제애의 교향곡으로 변화시킬 수 있을 것입니다.

With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for preedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.
이 신념으로써, 우리가 언젠가는 자유로워 질 것이라 믿으면서,우리는 함께 일하고, 함께 기도하며, 함께 투쟁하며, 함께 감옥에 가고, 함께 자유를 위해 버텨낼 수 있을 것입니다.

And this will be the day, this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning.
이 날이, 이 날이 모든 하느님의 자식들이 새로운 의미의 노래를 부를 수 있는 바로 그 날이 될 것입니다.

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride, From every mountainside, let freedom ring.
나의 나라 그것은 하느님의 것, 달콤한 자유의 땅, 내가 노래하는 하느님의 것 나의 조상들이 죽은 땅, 개척자의 자부심이 있는 땅, 모든 산으로부터 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다.

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true.
미국이 위대한 나라가 되려면, 이것은 현실이 되어야 합니다.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania. Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Colorado. Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California.
그래서 뉴햄프셔주의 경이로운 언덕으로부터 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 뉴욕의 거대한 산맥들로부터 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 펜실베니아주의 높다란 엘리게니산맥으로부터 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 콜로라도주의 눈덮인 록키산맥으로부터 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 캘리포니아주의 굽이진 비탈로부터 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다.

But not only that Let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia. Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee. Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.
그것 뿐만이 아닙니다. 조지아주의 스톤산으로부터 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 테네시주의 룩아웃산으로부터 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 미시시피주의 크고 작은 모든 언덕으로부터 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다. 모든 산으로부터 자유가 울려 퍼지게 합시다.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual
이렇게 될 때, 자유가 울리게 할 때, 모든 마을과 부락으로부터, 모든 주와 도시로부터, 자유가 울려 퍼지게 할 때, 모든 하느님의 자식들이, 흑인과 백인이, 유대인과 이교도들이, 개신교도와 카톨릭교도들이, 손을 잡고 옛 흑인영가의 구절을 노래부를 수 있는 그날을 우리는 앞당길 수 있을 것입니다.

Free at last, Free at last. 마침내 자유, 마침내 자유

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last.
전능하신 하느님 감사합니다, 저희는 마침내 자유가 되었습니다.

(Martin Luther King, Jr)
연설문 I Have a Dream 중에서
글쓴이에게 쪽지보내기
0 Comments
제목
게시물이 없습니다.